Week One: Pausing
Week Two: Considering What to Change
Week Three: Making Changes
“Don’t live the same day over and over again and call that a life. Life is about evolving mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.”Germany Kent
This week is all about adjusting to the changes I’ve implemented. The adjustment period is another pause. I am busy, and this season will last a few months. That’s life, right?
I’m making sure I have 30 minutes to sit and think about the changes to consider what is working and what is not. One of my biggest challenges is I want things to move faster, but it’s not the way to do this.
Steps I’m Taking This Week to Focus On Adjusting
- Journal each morning and night. Mornings are for personal, and afternoon is for work journaling.
- Plan ahead to ensure I have time during the day. I actually put focus time into my calendar with my workouts, appointments, and tasks that have to get done.
- Quiet time. No phone, no TV, nothing.
- Meditate- this differs from quiet time for me.
- Ensure acts of self-love and care (for example, today, I had pancakes for breakfast and am cleaning my office). For me, it’s the little things that are accessible.
Giving myself the space to adjust to my changes is the best gift I can give myself right now.